RIM has an open door for an accomplished Senior Architect with strong leadership skills who is collaborative and enthusiastic about playing a key management role within our Honolulu, HI office.
The successful candidate has proven experience in project oversight, mentoring, leadership and team-building skills for a studio of 10-20 employees. The capability to assist the Managing Principal with office management, team development and project quality through knowledge-sharing and mentorship is essential.
RIM Architects is a well-established firm with offices in Anchorage, AK; San Francisco, CA; Tustin, CA; Honolulu, HI; and Hagatna, GU. We are focused on strategic growth as a multi-location firm. Our ability to deliver excellent design starts with excellent people, in every department, committed to superior performance and professional growth. We like to have fun while we work, contribute to our communities, and nurture a workplace providing opportunity, inclusion, and challenge.
• Authorized to work legally in the United States without restrictions.
• Licensed in the State of Hawaii; LEED credential(s) preferred
• 10-15+ years’ experience as a licensed professional
• Extensive experience in technical design/detailing-exterior building envelope systems
• Preferred commercial experience: hospitality, commercial office, residential-multifamily mixed-use, healthcare, state and local government, national defense
• Experience working in Deltek and Salesforce a plus
• Demonstrated success as a lead project manager on commercial projects
• Proven effectiveness leading, mentoring and collaborating with team members
• Demonstrated expertise in team leadership, delegation, and conflict resolution
• Expertise in various client business models and related project types
• Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation techniques
• Expertise in documentation, negotiation, and contractual agreements
• Extensive knowledge in building systems, detailing, local and state codes, regs, and standards
• Extensive knowledge of quality design and technical solutions
• Proven track record of fostering and maintaining positive client and peer relationships
• Direct project experience with AutoCAD and Revit
• Design Document QA/QC Review
• Provide oversight, knowledge sharing, and mentorship to less experienced team members
• Assist with office management/operations/project management tasks, as assigned
• Manage large projects and team and/or manage small-medium projects independently
• Accountable for overall success of budget, schedule, and resources through the preparation, development and maintenance of a project work plan
• Preparation of fee proposals and participation in fee negotiations
• Responsible for budget and schedule management during all phases of the project
• Facilitate effective internal and external communication with project team members
• Participate in business development, marketing, and interviews for pursuit of new work
• Utilize effective leadership skills to proactively inspire, mentor and coach team members
• Contribute to advancing the firm’s quality assurance/quality control procedures and tools
This Job Description is not intended to provide detailed description of the multitude of tasks that may be assigned. Its purpose is to give the employee a general sense of expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, the essential functions of this position may also change.