IT Help Desk Technician
RIM is hiring a full-time IT Help Desk Technician at our Anchorage office. If you are a calm and positive problem solver who enjoys equally the worlds of IT and customer service…this may be the opportunity you have been waiting for. RIM is a well-established firm with offices in Anchorage, AK; Palmer, AK, San Francisco, CA; Tustin, CA; Honolulu, HI and Hagatna, GU. We are focused on strategic growth as a multi-location firm. Our workplace fosters opportunity, inclusion and challenge; while having fun in the process.
The IT Help Desk position is the first point of contact for RIM employees seeking technical assistance. This position reflects the “excellent customer service” face of IT. The ideal candidate is a calm and positive problem solver who enjoys equally the worlds of IT and customer service. This position provides assistance to RIM offices in Alaska, Hawaii, Guam and California.
• Authorized to work legally in the United States without restrictions
• Proficiency communicating verbally and in writing in English
• Minimum High School Graduate (AAS or BS preferred)
• 1-2 years of experience with IT helpdesk or equivalent experience
• Must be flexible to work varying hours, overtime, and periodic weekends
• Must have expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Windows operating systems (MOS preferred)
• Strong communication and listening skills
• Proven, excellent customer service and ability to remain positive and cool tempered
• Ability to diagnose and problem solve basic technical issues
• Knowledge of computer and network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques
• Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail
• Ability to administer Help Desk software and to prioritize support calls.
• Aptitude to learn and support new systems and applications
• Must be dependable and able to protect confidential information
• Promotes positive working relationship between IT and end users through excellent customer service and positive collaboration with IT Staff
• Effectively utilizes Help Desk Software to record and track requests
• Answers questions and resolves computer problems for users in multiple locations and time zones by phone, skype, email, or in person
• Provides initial trouble shooting diagnostic on technical issues
• Provides assistance on the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, MS Office Suites.
• Assists in maintenance, installations, configurations and supports local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Intranet system.
RIM ARCHITECTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume accompanied by a cover letter and the Voluntary Self Identification Form to: email@example.com