RIM Architects is hiring an accomplished Project Manager to join our results oriented team at RIM’s Honolulu office. This full time position will work collaboratively with the location’s Principals and Project Architects, managing project performance of a variety of scales and complexity.
The successful candidate will have excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects, develop project plans, and monitor efficient execution of the plan including coordination of the Design Team. They will have the skill set to monitor project performance throughout design and construction phases. In addition, a demonstrated working knowledge of design and construction processes to effectively work with project teams is required.
RIM Architects is an established firm with offices in Alaska, California, Guam and Hawai`i. We are focused on strategic growth as a multi-location firm. Our ability to deliver excellent design starts with excellent people committed to project performance and professional growth. Our work is varied in type and scale—and executed with excellence. Our workplace is known for providing opportunity, inclusion and challenge - while having fun in the process.
RIM Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Architecture from a NAAB accredited program
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Project Management/PMP Certification is highly desirable
• HI architectural license is preferred
• 8-10 years’ experience in similar position at a design firm
• Demonstrated success as a project manager on a variety of project scales and types
• Proven effectiveness in leading, mentoring and collaborating with multiple team members
• Demonstrated expertise in team leadership, delegation, and conflict resolution
• Expertise in client relations and business models
• Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation techniques
• Expertise in negotiation, contractual agreements and contract modifications
• Proficient with digital project management tools; working knowledge of Deltek Vision preferred
• Accountable for overall success of budget, schedule, and resources through the preparation, development and maintenance of a project work plan.
• Organization and preparation of fee proposals, including consultants, and participation in fee negotiations with Principal-in-Charge and client.
• Responsible for budget and schedule management during all phases of the project.
• Participate in project delivery strategies with project team leaders (Principal-in-Charge, Senior Project Architects and/or Project Architects).
• Prepare contracts and agreements with project consultants and owners.
• Contribute to advancing the firm’s project management procedures and tools.
• Interfacing and communication with clients and all project stakeholders