Service Desk Technician Level II
Considering a change? Explore the possibility of joining the team at RIM in a collaborative, learning team environment.
RIM is an established firm with offices in Alaska, Hawai`i, California, and Guam. We are focused on a strategic plan for growth. Our workplace is known for providing opportunity, inclusion and challenge - and having fun while we work.
The Level II Service Desk Technician’s role is to ensure effective computer operation, enabling end users to accomplish business tasks. This includes actively resolving escalated end-user help requests within established SLAs. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual provide in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
• Authorized to work legally in the United States without restrictions.
• Tech College diploma or Bachelors’ degree in the field of computer science or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 2 years’ applicable experience in the work place
• Certification in MOS or Office 365 desired
• Knowledge of advanced computer hardware, including firewalls, switches, wireless access points
• Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows OS, virtual environment
• Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English
• Exceptional customer service skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly, and technical language
• Strong documentation, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues is required
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to effectively work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• 40-hour onsite work week
• Ability to work a rotating on-call schedule and occasional overtime hours
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer component.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
• Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent recurring issues
• Proactively alert management to emerging trends in incidents
• Deploy pre-packaged software as needed using automated deployment tools
• Assist in software releases and rollouts according to change management best practices
• Assist in providing Level I support when request volumes are high
• Act as an escalation point for advanced or difficult help requests
• Build positive rapport with RIM service desk users
• Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable technician or vendor, when required
• Accurately and timely record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process
• Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
• Research solutions through internal and external knowledge-base as needed
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined
• Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of servers
• Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
• Perform post-resolution follow-ups with Level I Technicians as required
• Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users
• Contribute to technician knowledge-base and training as needed
• Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectation.
• Provide suggestions for continual improvement
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and is not to be understood as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. It does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Qualified candidates may submit a resume accompanied by a cover letter and the *Voluntary Self Identification Form to: email@example.com.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
*The Voluntary Self Identification Form is available here.