Senior Project Manager
Full Time, Exempt
Position Location: San Francisco, CA
Have you wanted to work for a firm with a diverse group of talent in unique cultural environments? RIM Architects has an open door for a Senior Project Manager to join our highly collaborative and growing team at RIM’s San Francisco location. If you meet the qualifications below, have a passion for the profession of architecture and desire to be a collaborative, creative member of a team who consistently exceeds expectations of our clients, we look forward to reviewing your resume package.
RIM has five offices strategically located in San Francisco and Tustin, California; Hawaii; Guam; and Alaska. Our ability to deliver excellent design starts with excellent people, in every department, committed to superior performance and professional growth. We like to have fun while we work, contribute to our communities, and nurture a workplace providing opportunity, inclusion, and challenge.
- Authorized to work legally in the United States without restrictions
- Licensed in the State of California; LEED credential(s) preferred
- 10+ years’ experience as a licensed professional
- Extensive experience in technical design/detailing-exterior building envelope systems
- Preferred commercial experience: education, aviation, commercial office, residential-multifamily mixed-use, healthcare, state and local government, national defense
- Experience working in Deltek a plus
- Demonstrated success as a lead project manager on commercial projects
- Proven effectiveness leading, mentoring and collaborating with team members
- Demonstrated expertise in team leadership, delegation, and conflict resolution
- Expertise in various client business models and related project types
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation techniques
- Expertise in documentation, negotiation, and contractual agreements
- Extensive knowledge in building systems, detailing, local and state codes, regs, and standards
- Extensive knowledge of quality design and technical solutions
- Proven track record of fostering and maintaining positive client and peer relationships
- Direct project experience with AutoCAD and Revit
- Design Document QA/QC Reviewer for all projects in office
- Provide oversight, knowledge sharing, and mentorship to less experienced team members
- Assist with office management/operations/project management tasks, as assigned
- Manage large projects and team and/or manage small-medium projects independently
- Accountable for overall success of budget, schedule, and resources through the preparation, development and maintenance of a project work plan
- Preparation of fee proposals and participation in fee negotiations
- Responsible for budget and schedule management during all phases of the project
- Facilitate effective internal and external communication with project team member
- Participate in business development, marketing, and interviews for pursuit of new work
- Utilize effective leadership skills to proactively inspire, mentor and coach team members
- Contribute to advancing the firm’s quality assurance/quality control procedures and tools
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. It does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
RIM Architects is a federal contractor and subject to the Federal Contractors Vaccine Mandate
RIM ARCHITECTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.