Intern Design Assistant
Full-time / Non-Exempt
Position Location: Honolulu, HI
Have you wanted to work for a firm that has a diverse group of talent in unique cultural environments with an opportunity for advancement? We have the perfect place for you.
RIM Architects, LLC provides student interns with the opportunity to build on what they have learned while making meaningful contributions in a real work environment. In this position, the team member is responsible for assisting in the preparation of architectural plans, sections, elevations, details, and presentation materials, as well as other drafting tasks under the direction and supervision of Project Architect(s). In performing these tasks, the team member will be expected to gain technical knowledge in the design and documentation of projects, gaining the ability to handle more complexity over time.
The team member must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, quickly learn new and unfamiliar concepts and tasks, collaborate with other individuals in a constructive and effective manner, meet strict deadlines and manage competing priorities, all with a high quality of work and attention to detail. We particularly value resourceful and creative candidates that can anticipate the needs of the team and proactively look for ways to contribute to the success of a project.
This is a full-time hourly position, which may involve over 40 hours a week. Due to the nature of the job, the team member must be able to occasionally work early/late hours to meet project demands.
RIM ARCHITECTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Completed your 3rd year of an accredited Architectural program.
- Basic knowledge and experience with Revit & AutoCAD
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, databases (Microsoft Office)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite applications for presentation, photo and video editing.
Support multiple projects at various stages of work, including:
- Prepare scaled drawings and contract documents using Revit or AutoCAD
- Research and identify products (finishes, fixtures, etc.)
- Research codes and other standards as necessary for compliance
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, studies, and reports
- Plan diagrams/layouts during schematic design, demonstrating an ability to arrange a unified design
- Join team members on occasion for onsite observation of work during C.A. to monitor compliance with plans
- Participate in on-site documentation of existing conditions
- Assist in proper documentation of project files, RFI and submittal review, or other administrative tasks during all phases of projects
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. It does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.