Proposal Writer / Marketing Coordinator
|CONTACT||Chelsi Benson [email protected]|
Have you wanted to work for a firm that has a diverse group of talent in unique cultural environments with opportunity for advancement? We have the perfect place for you.
RIM has an open door for a proficient and creative Proposal Writer / Marketing Coordinator, to work in our Anchorage, Alaska office. Our marketing department is involved in a variety of project types and geographic regions, creating new and interesting opportunities on a regular basis.
RIM has five locations from Hawaii to Guam, Alaska and the California West Coast. Our ability to deliver excellent design starts with excellent people, in every department, committed to superior performance and professional growth. We like to have fun while we work, contribute to our communities, and nurture a workplace providing opportunity, inclusion, and challenge.
The Proposal Writer / Marketing Coordinator position is an integral position primarily responsible for assisting with proposal creation and production for all RIM locations in support of winning new work. This position reports to the VP of Marketing and requires a high level of collaboration with the Proposal Manager and senior leadership. The successful candidate will be talented, self-assured, organized and one who enjoys working with multiple locations in diverse time zones. A positive and cheery disposition will fit right in with the team at RIM.
• Ability to work legally in the United States without restrictions
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications preferred, with minimum 3 years proposal experience; or 5+ years of comparable experience with proposal writing
• Experience in the A/E/C industry and specifically Federal Proposals highly preferred
• Proficiency with Adobe CC and MS 365 required; knowledge of Deltek, Salesforce or another CRM a plus
• Team mindset; ability to collaborate with the proposal team and remote staff
• Skill set to understand the proposal process for multiple office locations utilizing team members across multiple time zones
• Proactive, organized self-starter who demonstrates flexibility, dependability and maintains composure under pressure
• Ability to professionally interact and collaborate with senior leadership, subconsultants, clients
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency in grammar, punctuation and spelling
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks, and work efficiently managing multiple deadlines
• Ability to strategize and collaborate to tell the RIM story while following strict requirements of RFPs
• Willingness to work overtime occasionally to meet deadlines
• Research project leads, clients, consultants and other information for winning work
• Develop expertise in the Federal pursuit process utilizing tools such as GovWin and FBO
• Assist with the process for creating excellent proposals and presentations
• Ability to take direction and keep on schedule working with proposal writing team
• Ensure quality proposals and presentation materials
• Monitor and report on progress of proposals with Proposal Manager and/or VP Marketing
• Contribute to the process for data collection/filing required for resumes, project details and narratives
• Collaborate with administrative and technical staff to collect information for proposal requirements
• Utilize Salesforce for pursuits and client maintenance
• Assist with project interview preparation
• Assure post-proposal debriefs are completed
• Complete proposal close-out process
• Collaborate with VP Marketing on other marketing communications/initiatives; website, social media, collateral, and internal and external communications, etc.
This Job Description is not intended to provide detailed description of the multitude of tasks that may be assigned. Its purpose is to provide a general sense of expectations and responsibilities. As the nature of business demands change, the essential functions of this position may also change.