|LOCATION||Anchorage or Remote|
|CONTACT||Chelsi Benson [email protected]|
RIM has an open door for a proficient and creative Proposal Specialist to work in our Alaska office or remotely. Our marketing department is involved in a variety of project types and geographic regions, creating new and interesting opportunities on a regular basis.
RIM has five locations in Anchorage, AK; San Francisco, CA; Tustin, CA; Hagatna, GU; and Honolulu, HI. Our ability to deliver excellent design starts with excellent people, in every department, committed to superior performance and professional growth. We like to have fun while we work, contribute to our communities, and nurture a workplace providing opportunity, inclusion, and challenge.
The Proposal Specialist position is an integral position primarily responsible for assisting with proposal creation and production for all RIM locations in support of winning new work. This position reports to the VP of Marketing and requires a high level of collaboration with the Proposal Manager and senior leadership. The successful candidate will be talented, self-assured, organized, and one who enjoys working with multiple locations in diverse time zones. A positive and cheery disposition will fit right in with the team at RIM.
RIM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Ability to work legally in the United States without restriction
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications preferred, with minimum 3 years proposal experience; or 5+ years of comparable experience with proposal writing
• Experience in the A/E/C industry and specifically Federal Proposals highly preferred
• Proficiency with Adobe CC and MS 365 required; knowledge of Deltek, Salesforce, or another CRM a plus
• Excellent writing editing, and layout skills
• Experience with the proposal process including SF330s and Department of Defense Forms
• Team mindset: ability to collaborate with the proposal team and remote staff
• Skill set to complete the proposal process for multiple office locations utilizing team members across multiple time zones
• Proactive, organized self-starter who demonstrates flexibility, dependability, and maintains composure under pressure
• Ability to professionally interact and collaborate with senior leadership, subconsultants, clients
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency in grammar, punctuation, and spelling
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently managing multiple deadlines
• Attention to detail, pride in work, and excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Able to meet multiple deadlines and occasional overtime if needed
• Ability to strategize and collaborate to tell the RIM story while following strict requirements of RFPs
• Research leads, clients, consultants, and other information for winning work
• Develop expertise in the Federal pursuit process utilizing tools such as GovWin and Beta.Sam.gov
• Assist with the process for creating excellent proposals and presentations
• Ability to take direction and keep on schedule working with proposal writing team
• Ensure quality proposals and presentation materials
• Monitor and report on progress of proposals with Proposal Manager and/or VP Marketing
• Contribute to the process for data collection/filing required for resumes, project details and narratives
• Collaborate with administrative and technical staff to collect information for proposal requirements
• Utilize Salesforce for pursuits and client maintenance
• Develop and manage proposal schedules
• Produce drafts and final versions of electronic and hard copy proposals and presentations
• Attend virtual meetings and take notes for distribution
• Assist with project interview preparation
• Ensure post-proposal debriefs are completed
• Complete proposal close-out process
• Collaborate with VP Marketing on other marketing communications/initiatives, website, social media, collateral, and internal and external communications, etc.
This Job Description is not intended to provide detailed description of the multitude of tasks that may be assigned. Its purpose is to provide a general sense of expectations and responsibilities. As the nature of business demands change, the essential functions of this position may also change.