Full Time, Exempt
Position Location: Honolulu, HI
RIM Architects is hiring an Entry Designer to join our growing team at RIM’s Honolulu, HI office. If you meet the qualifications below, have a passion for the profession of architecture and desire to be a collaborative, creative member of a team who consistently exceeds expectations of our clients, we look forward to reviewing your resume package.
RIM has five offices strategically located in Hawaii, San Francisco and Tustin, California; Guam; and Alaska. Our ability to deliver excellent design starts with excellent people, in every department, committed to superior performance and professional growth. We like to have fun while we work, contribute to our communities, and nurture a workplace providing opportunity, inclusion, and challenge.
RIM ARCHITECTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Authorized to work legally in the United States without restrictions
- Bachelor or Masters’ Degree in Architecture from an accredited program
- 0-3 years post graduate experience in similar position at a design firm
- LEED Accreditation a plus
- Positive attitude, dependability and willingness to work and grow in team environment
- Proactive listener
- Time efficient self-starter; enjoys fast paced project work
- Basic understanding of:
- Design solution development
- Building systems, detailing and technology
- Applicable codes, regulations, and standards
- Differing building types and project delivery methods
- Programming and planning methods
- Proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD
- Working experience with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation techniques
- Utilizes appropriate communication techniques for positive collaboration
- Accountable for completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of work assigned
- Coordinates design details with production team; participates in document production, specifications and construction administration as assigned
- Develops technical solutions in support of design intent under the direction of a licensed architect
- Responsible for design refinement of specific aspects of project
- Responsible for work performed on smaller projects or specific aspects of larger projects under the direction of a licensed architect
- Supports Project Designer/Project Manager developing design concepts and solutions
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. It does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.