Designer Level I
Full Time, Exempt
Position Location: Tustin, CA
Have you wanted to work for a firm with a diverse group of talent in unique cultural environments? RIM Architects has an open door for Designer Level I to join our highly collaborative and growing team at RIM’s Tustin location. If you meet the qualifications below, have a passion for the profession of architecture, and desire to be a collaborative, creative member of a team who consistently exceeds the expectations of our clients, we look forward to reviewing your resume package.
RIM has five offices strategically located in San Francisco and Tustin, California; Hawaii; Guam; and Alaska. Our ability to deliver excellent design starts with excellent people, in every department, committed to superior performance and professional growth. We like to have fun while we work, contribute to our communities, and nurture a workplace providing opportunity, inclusion, and challenge.
- Authorized to work legally in the United States without restrictions
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ Degree in Architecture from a NAAB accredited program
- 3+ years post graduate progressive experience in the field of architecture
- LEED Accreditation a plus
- In process with ARE/AXP
- Positive attitude, dependability, and willingness to work and grow in team environment
- Proactive listener
- Time efficient self-starter; enjoys fast paced project work
- Working knowledge of:
- Building systems, detailing, and technology
- Applicable codes, regulations, and standards
- Design solution development
- Differing building types and project delivery methods
- Programming and planning methods
- Proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD
- Working knowledge with InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation techniques
- Utilizes appropriate communication techniques for positive collaboration
- Accountable for completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of work assigned
- Coordinates design details with production team; participates in document production, specifications, and construction administration as assigned
- Responsible for design refinement of aspects of project, including team leadership
- Develops technical solutions in support of design intent
- Lead responsibility for work performed on smaller projects or aspects of larger projects under the direction of a licensed architect
- Supports Project Designer or Project Manager on developing design concepts and solutions
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. It does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.